As I’ve gotten older I’ve found myself getting more and more lazy with things such as cleaning and cooking for myself. Now, it’s not that I don’t CARE anymore – it’s more like the last thing I want to do right after a long grueling day at work is cook a full course meal. Typically when I cook things it either falls under the category of quick and easy, or just super unhealthy…but the majority of the time it’s both. Over time I’ve strived for a meal that is just as yummy as it is fast and easy to make. Alas I have found the best recipe of all time that is so perfect for a lazy 20-something year old such as myself: Roasted Brussels sprouts. Here’s the deal:
1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
3 tablespoons good olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- First cut off the brown ends of each Brussels sprout and rinse off with water. Proceed with slicing each sprout into 4th’s.
- Lay all your Brussels sprouts out on a cooking sheets and generously basque them in olive oil. After sprinkle a good amount of salt and pepper on each side of the Brussels sprouts.
- Then proceed with placing your cooking sheet into the oven and let the Brussels sprouts bake for 35 minutes, or until they’re brown and crispy.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then enjoy!