Being that I’m a vegetarian, my span of meal options to choose from is kind of narrow. I either stick to easy mac or pizza…but that may just be out of pure laziness and my lack in motivation to broaden my culinary horizons. Recently I stumbled upon a super easy recipe that all my vegi (and non vegi) friends can enjoy, and gladly binge out on: Vegi ground beef stuffed biscuits. This HAS to be one of the simplest recipes ever! I’m so serious. I think it definitely has to be the lazy girls outlet to great appetizers (or 2am snacks after a night out). Obviously you can make this with real ground meat, but I’m bias, so here’s the recipe for the vegetarian version:
What you need:
- One container of biscuit doe
- 1LB of vegetarian ground beef (try one with seasoning…I went for Italian seasoning)
- 2 cups of shredded monterey jack cheese
- Oven pan
Now that you have all the necessities to make these treats, time to get started!
- First, pre-heat the oven for 350 degrees F.
- Begin unrolling the biscuit doe from the tube, and lay each biscuit out 2 inches apart from each other.
- Pull apart each biscuit half way like you’re opening a book, and begin adding the shredded monterey jack cheese to the center of each biscuit.
- Now that your biscuits are open and ready, pull out your vegi ground beef out, and roll out as many 1 inch balls of ground beef as necessary to fit into each and every biscuit.
- Put your balls of ground beef into the center of the cheese-filled biscuit, and proceed with pressing the doe shut to cover all of your cheese and vegi ground beef.
- Now place your stuffed biscuits into the oven and cook for about 15 minutes, or until your doe is golden brown.
- Once your biscuits are all cooked and ready, let them sit for about 10 minutes to cool, and then let the binge fest begin!