Summer is coming, and what better way to celebrate the hot and steamy season than a hand full of tasty cheap treats. My favorite summer snack comes straight from my hometown in Cali where the minute you hear a bell ring down the street from your home, you just KNOW you’re about to get your face covered in mayo, cheese, and corn. I have a super easy and nomz-worthy recipe you all must try, and become super obsessed with: Oven baked Elote (AKA delicious corn on the cob smothered in cheese and chili! Mmmmmm…). Not only is this recipe amazing on the taste buds, but it’s also a simple and cheap way to eat-in when it’s sweltering hot out.
Here’s what you need:
- Corn on the cob…As much corn as your heart desires. I usually devour 4 cobs.
- Butter. (It’s a carb – I checked.)
- Tin foil
- Parmesan cheese
- Chili powder
What you need to do:
- Begin with preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Unwrap the husks from the corn and rinse them clean with water. Proceed with patting those babies dry, and smother them with carb filled butter! (Yum…carbs…)Then wrap the corn with foil, and put them in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Once your corn is baked to a brown crisp, unleash the goodness with your delicious non-diet friendly toppings, and drizzle some lime over the corn.
- Proceed with feeding your face with the most amaaaazing thing you’ve ever tasted this summer! BAM!
Do you have some easy and cheap recipes you’d like to share with us? Comment on this post with some of your faves!