Meet Celia Edell, our outfit contest winner and the recipient of a very cool $1,000. She holds in down in Canada with spunky wardrobe full of color pops, kick ass footwear, and her favorite accessory — rainbow hued hair!
1. Who are you, and how are you living?
I’m Celia Edell – a feminist, photographer and philosophy student living in Canada. I blog under the name Ceedling.
2. Describe your style in 10 words.
People will stare. So I make it worth their while.
3. How does your environment influence your wardrobe?
I’m influenced by the vibe of the city I’m in. The sounds, the weather, the people. I am influenced by other people’s courage in fashion. Usually this means the bigger the city, the louder I dress.
4. You feel most powerful when…
I finish writing a killer essay.
5. The best advice you ever received?
Make people uncomfortable in ways that will make the world a better place.
6. Flats or heels?
7. What do you think of the current state of fashion?
I think it’s exciting. I see more and more people experimenting with themselves, their femininity, their masculinity and expressing much more than just what’s on-trend or what’s “flattering”. I think fashion is most interesting when it’s an exploration of how and why we present ourselves the way we do.
8. Favorite brands?
9. How many colors have you had in your hair?
Too many to count… probably around 10!
10. Can’t leave the house without…
Keep your eyes peeled on our Facebook for more style competitions! We’ve always got something up for grabs.