Hit the Road, Jack: A Guide to Cozy-Chic Travel Wearsby Miss KL on Mar 19, 2012 • 4:28 pm •
In the spirit of spring travel, guest blogger Renata Certo-Ware reminds us that the act of traveling is a release in itself. Want to stay chic and comfortable? Check out her transit-approved suggestions...
Sometimes, it’s the journey that counts, not the destination. But that doesn’t mean you don’t have to look fly in transit! Karmaloop’s got you covered from head to toe, so you can travel in style no matter where you’re going with these super-current, incredibly cozy finds that are plane, train, and road-trip approved.
- The Lucia Sunglasses in Blonde, $161 – Channel vintage glamour with these half-frame shades by Super Sunglasses. (The name says it all!) These peepers practically beg to be taken poolside or on a safari, but work double-duty as a gorgeous way to hide jet-lag.
- Reverse Feather Cardigan $66 – Comfortable enough to take a nap in, but super-stylish thanks to a whimsical, all-over feather print, this low-maintenance kimono-inspired cardigan can hold its own over a tank and jeans or a maxi-dress.
- Style Stalker Baby Got Back Maxi Dress, $160 -The simple, square neckline and sexy open back on this dress by cult-favorite Style Stalker makes this fashion’s answer to the mullet: Business up front, Party in the back. Slinky rayon material with a loose fit means it’s a non-fussy way to look polished and chic even when you’re on the move.
- Senso Diffusion Barry Shoe, $168 – The contrast of tough leather and silky fabric is simply irresistible, plus, there are no buckles or straps to fuss with, so that means you can speed through flight check-in and arrive looking great with these easy-on, easy-off slides by Senso Diffusion.
- Ladakh “The Jet Pant” $80 – They don’t call these vegan-leather leggings by Ladakh “The Jet Pant” for nothing – Stretchy but with just enough structure and a ton of attitude, they are the perfect uniform for jetsetting and globe-trotting. Throw on a slouchy sweater or a fitted jacket, and you’re ready for anything!
- Herschel Supply The Post 20 Oz. Canvas Backpack in Burnt Orange, $85 – Give a nod to old-school camping trips with this classic canvas backpack by Herschel. The cheery orange color, preppy striped lining and classically chic leather strap make it irresistible, and its padded shoulder straps and incredibly light weight mean you can tote your gear around all day in comfort and style.
Renata is a freelance writer, stylist, and a lifelong fashion cult member. She’s been involved in the fashion industry for as long as she can remember, from spending afternoons in her grandmother’s dress shop as a young girl, to getting in trouble for sketching sketching croquis over her class notes in elementary school, and taking internships with local designers when she got her drivers license. She lives, eats, breathes, and thinks fashion. In her words, “I keep my money where I can see it — hanging in my closet, or stamped in my passport, and I am wholly dedicated to the pursuit of all things Beautiful, even if only in the eye of the beholder.” Check her out at scorpion/disco and @scorpiondisco.