This week we teamed up with our friend Brigid Nastasia of Boston-based CONTRA, a fashioncentric creative services agency skilled in everything from styling to branding. Her daring look is suited for those of you who are not afraid to stand out…
BN: You can get away with having a little too much attitude as long as you’re charming, smart, and sexy… and I think Karmaloop girls know it! That spirit inspired me to turn what was WAY, WAY too much (head-to-toe scarlet, three kinds of leopard print, short shorts with super-high heels) into something relaxed and cool. I wanted it to be a little Paris Vogue, and a little Hilary Banks.
To dress this up for night, just lose the cardigan (and sunglasses… don’t be that person) and unroll the scarf once into a drapier wrap. On the move, you can swap the leopard booties for orange or white Converse high-tops. Aside from being versatile, your color scheme will turn heads from several blocks away… I wouldn’t sport this if you’re feeling antisocial.
- The Round Trip Bralette and Boy Short (both by Honeydew Intimates)
- The Into the Wild Snood by Mink Pink
- The Call of the Wild Tunic Top by Mink Pink
- The High Waist Shorts in Red by Washborn
- The Joy Star Cardigan in Red by Joyrich
- The Cambria Tight in Bossa Nova by Lifetime Collective
- The Cathy Clubmaster Sunglasses by Ray Ban
- Belt by Nixon
- Shoes by Senso Diffusion
Would you wear it? Over-the-top brilliant or comically tacky? Tell us what you think!