I’m using the term “beauty” loosely in relation to both beauty products and beautiful things.
Happy long weekend bitties!
- Proof that the masses are catching on to the Minx Nails revolution: the drugstore beauty aisle just had a major upgrade with the Sally Hansen’s Salon Effects nail polish strips (an at-home Minx competitor). Plus, Sally collaborated with Prabal Gurung to create a capsule color collection complementing his S/S ’11 runway show. In related news, word of a Barbie machine that prints custom graphics onto nails is traveling through our office. [Fashionista]
- I don’t know about you but these days I take more pics on my iPhone than my actual camera. Seems to be that photo apps like Hipstamatic (Apple’s App of the Year) are taking the world by storm, so it’s no surprise exhibits chronicling the modern camera phone’s adaptation of analog photography are starting to pop up. An Exhibition for Hipstamatics will show in London this month, pulling varied images off John Thomas’s hipstamatics.com. [Dazed Digital]
- Hello Kitty has landed at Sephora and it is adorable. [Sephora]
- The world needs more public art like Tom Fruin’s stained glass architectural sculpture Kolonihavehus (“small garden sheds that were designed to give cramped and often impoverished city-dwellers a small plot and a refuge from city life”) in Copenhagen. [The Cool Hunter]
- Target’s beauty aisle is also getting an upgrade: moving beyond purely fashion oriented high-low collabs, the megastore is stocking our favorite high end perfumes such as Daisy by Marc Jacobs, CK One, and signature Gucci fragrances. Tar-jay continues its mission to make our lives a little easier every day! [NYLON]